Scar Therapy Massage
Suitable for C-section/hysterectomy & abdominal surgery
All abdominal scars have the potential to cause dysfunction in the body. The surgery, although necessary may have left us with unwanted side effects.
- Inability to touch or look at the scar
- Feeling restricted or stuck
- Loss of full movement
- Have a scar overhang
- Experiencing pain with movement
- Unhappy with the visual look of your abdomen
After (20min Treatment)
Then scar therapy is for you…
Scar therapy massage uses advanced techniques of massage, soft tissue therapy, myofascial release and instrument assisted massage therapy to aid release of the adhesions that build up around and under your scar. We target not only the scar but all the abdomen, back, hips and diaphragm allowing you to more freely and feel less restricted within your movement patterns. In addition, we work on correcting your breathing pattern, reconnecting your core and allowing optimal pelvic floor function.
What will my sessions entail?
- Online pre-screening prior to attending
- Face to face discussion regarding scar impact and your recovery
- Full scar assessment with your women’s health physiotherapist
- Tummy gap check
- Breathing assessment and correction
- Assessment and/or treatment of problematic areas
- Introduction to instrument assisted massage
- Homework set for in-between sessions
Initial assessment session- 60 minutes £68
Follow on sessions- 45 Minutes £49/ 60 minutes £65