What is the Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT®/ post-natal assessment is a check up that can be performed from 6 weeks to 6 years post-natally. The assessments at Bump to Beyond are UNIQUE as they are performed by experienced Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapists.
Our Mummy MOT’s/ post natal assessments if required can be tailed to your individual circumstances,
- tummy gap
- pelvic floor dysfunction
- back pain
- scar check or advice
- breathing check
- pelvic pain
- post-natal pain
What is the Mummy MOT?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Can be tailored to your individual needs
- Checks pelvic floor strength (optional), tummy gap and more
- Assesses any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- Recommends a bespoke postnatal recovery programme, looking at recovery, posture, breathing and core activation
- A copy of our report of all the findings for you to keep with the option of the GP being made aware of any problems
- Mummy MOT’s are available at Sale (M33) and Rochdale (OL12)
After having a baby most women will encounter some weakness in their pelvic floor and/or tummy muscles which can result in back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and/or bowel weakness. This may leave you with many questions like
What exercise is safe to return to? Will I ever feel normal again? Why do I wet myself? Why do I still look pregnant?
During an MOT we will give you the answers you are looking for.
“I started going while I was pregnant and after delivery with a complex 2nd degree tear. I went with a list of problems from incontinence to back pain and ‘boudoir’ issues. My physio was fantastic at her job and really understood pre and postnatal care. I am now functioning back to my normal self. Women should never feel ashamed of what seems to be common postnatal issues and if you are suffering after birth – I recommend that you have a MOT. I can now physically face my job as an A&E doctor.
Dr Shama Khan
“Just completed my Mummy MOT programme. Was amazed at the problems found, that I would never have been aware of. So pleased with the results, all back pain and stomach twinges gone. Deb is really welcoming and reassuring- would definitely recommend the programme”.